Sunday, April 4, 2010

My goal

My goal
Alright, something other than game reviews. I think it will be a good idea to introduce a little more about myself. I am a Chinese student, CS major and CGT minor in Purdue. I want to work in a game company like EA in the future and make my own game.

So I am learning programming, and have joined some club to learn drawing, modeling. I have joined student groups and organization to participate in game making. I feel like that I want to learn all skills and everything about making a game. But then I realize I have to be focus on one point in order to get myself into the industry.

So I want to be a game designer. Since I am just a beginner in both programming and computer graphics, ideas and design are all I have got. I am doing these game reviews to learn more about a game and what is a good game design.

However, game designer sounds like a pretty high position. I wonder what kind of skill can get me into the industry and get myself to that position. There is no way I can just get hired by keep playing computer games and making these game reviews.

I really want to go to the GDC, but I also don’t want to miss any of my classes. I also want to go to the E3 show one day (hopefully) when I am in the industry. Anyway, I am applying for student volunteer for SIGGRAPH 2010 Conference in LA. Hope I can go there and meet some professionals from the game industry.

The game school SMU Guild Hall in Texas and Flashpoint Academic sounds sweet. I am thinking about going to one of these schools after my graduation. But who knows what will happen after 3 years; maybe I will already be working in some great game companies.

Hope that you can find my name in some game credit in the future and maybe I will be giving speech of my game on E3! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment